Saturday, July 27, 2013

Investigator and MTC Schedule

This is a letter that Elder Fraley wrote to my sister, Audrey, this week. Like I said on Monday, his email was really short so we thought we'd share this letter!

Dear Audrey,

Thanks for writing, it really means a lot. Getting letters helps me out a ton. There is only one reason I'm learning the language so quickly. It's not me. These buildings and classrooms have been dedicated for this purpose. These are sacred grounds. I wouldn't be able to do it without the spirit. It's so strong here. It's a privilege to be a part of this great & wonderful work.

My companion and district is great. Teachers are great also. Soeur Wilson, Frere Mayne (Christopher), and Soeur Judas. These teachers are amazing.

You're right. Christopher is fake. I mean, who I taught isn't really Christopher. Christoph is a real investigator in France and his story is real. Frere Mayne taught Christoph in France. So the first week I only had one teacher, Soeur Wilson/Soeur Judas. We were told Christoph was a real investigator and we would have to teach him on our second day here. Right before our second lesson with him, Elder Esheit and I found out he wasn't real. We weren't supposed to know until after our last lesson with him (4 lessons). But we kept it a secret from the rest of our district. We still took it seriously though. After the last lesson, everyone was told he was fake, and he would be teaching us. He (Frere Mayne) has got to be one of the coolest teachers! He served in Paris, France and taught Christoph. He's a good actor, sounded and looked French. He even dressed European, haha. However, it was a fantastic experience. Great teaching tool.

I eat dinner at 4. Breakfast at 6:30, and lunch at 11:00. The frenchies have the grandpa schedule it sucks! On a normal day, not Sunday or Monday, I wake up at 5:45 and get ready. Breakfast at 6:30. Personal study from 7:00 to 8:00. Classroom from 8-11. Lunch at 11. Language study from 11:45-12:45. Additional study from 12:45-1:30. Tall Lab (Interactive Language Study on computer) 1:30-2:30. Gym 2:40-3:30. Dinner at 4. Classroom again from 4:45-7:45. Additional study from 7:45-9:00. Daily planning from 9:00-9:30. Personal time from 9:30-10:15. 10:15 lights out and 10:30 Bed. Repeat.

Thanks for the packages! Really brightens my day! Good Luck! Love you!

Love,
Elder Fraley

No comments:

Post a Comment