Friday, August 9, 2013

What's new?

Sorry that it took so long to get Elder Fraley's letter posted. He has been sick so we didn't get a letter until yesterday. We hope he starts feeling better soon! (There are some pictures at the end of the post that he sent in an email on Monday. They seem kinda random, they look like leftovers that would have gone in the San Fran post)

Quoi de Neuf!? (What's new?)

Last Tuesday: Devotional (amazing). Sang in Choir. No big deal. Received a blessing from Elder Lever and Elder Call. I forgot to mention, I've been sick for the past three weeks...it was a very beautiful blessing.

Thursday: TRC! I love TRC. The spirit is so strong when teaching members.

Friday: While eating lunch, the tip of my permanent retainer popped out...So, Elder Lever and I took a field trip to the Orthodontist, who was the dad of an Elder in our zone. So the re-gluing was half off, we got 2 free slushees, and 2 bags of candy. Pretty cool.

Saturday: Ended the day with a substitute, Soeur Buswell. She served in Tahiti. She had us practice street contacting. Had an amazing experience. She pretended to be an investigator. We greeted her, told her our names then asked her hers, asked if she needed help. Then proudly stated that, "we have a message, centered on Jesus Christ, that will change your life." (turning-point) Said that we have a prophet, who communes with God and we can speak to God too. She perked up, and asked questions. We then testified of prophets and modern revelation. Which led to the BOM. We testified of the book and her one, with a passage to read: Moroni 10:4-5. Invited her to pray about it and she accepted, wanting us to return. Soeur Buswell said Elder Lever and I did AMAZING and that we knocked it out of the park. What an incredible feeling. We were able to testify and teach off each other, our French was good, and she felt the Spirit (we did too). She was profoundly impressed. Told us to be proud.

*The Book of Mormon is a Missionary's most powerful resource* PMG (preach my gospel)

She also had us look at our name tag. "What two things stand out?"
1) Our name: not our first name, but our last. Our family's name. Our family will ALWAYS be with us and ALWAYS close to our hearts. We represent our family and bring them honor.
2) Jesus Christ: we represent Him. We are his representatives, for He can't be here. We are His voice. Stand as proxy.

Saturday night I got really sick. Fever, body chills, headache, lack of energy, and that dumb cough.

Sunday: fasted for 24+ hours, not a good idea, especially for being sick. Barely made it through Sacrament meeting. Actually, I was sent to InstaCare. Diagnosed with some weird virus and bronchitis. The only way to get better, is rest...go figure. Thankfully and gratefully, Brother Barker authorized me to spend the rest of the day in my residence, to rest...

I feel much better now, still have this dumb cough though. I really think Satan is out to make my time at the MTC miserable...

I'm grateful for my companion. He's great. Always looking out for me. He's a good guy.

I fly out Aug 26th. For some reason, the West Indies Elders have to stay an extra week, while two Elders in my district leave 1 week prior.

So, my Sabbath wasn't good.

My BS (blood sugar) has been up, they feed us a lot. Our room is called "the pantry". We have SO much food. But Sunday, my BS was really low. But I made it through. I've never fasted that long before.

Thanks for everything mom! The packages and letters. They make me so happy...

Well... A la prochaine! (next time)

Love,
Elder Fraley


Airport

West Indies Elders

Lightsabers

Highlighter refills. We put them in front and the light from the flash reflected off. Pretty cool!

Execution

Haha, Elder Lever


No comments:

Post a Comment